Today's post will probably be of a relatively great duration. Not that it matters. No one reads. Not really. I will be squishing all of the things that have occurred thus far right -here-. Please bear with me.
I went to Disney World with the band after all. It was very last minute. Like...6 hours prior to the buses departure. The 12 hour bus ride there made me extremely nauseous and I barely ate at all but I was happy. The trip itself was wonderful. I had the most fun that I have experienced in about 6 years. I marched IN the parade. I rode Mt. Everest and the Tower of Terror until I lost my voice. I ran around in a hyperactive frenzy and chased random people Velociraptor style for no apparent reason. I monologued about dinosaurs and Amphibious Ambulocetus for HOURS after we visited DinoLand and my friends TOLERATED it. They were genuinely interested in my lecture. I had an amazing time. My mother and grandparents will never know how happy they made me. That being said, my mother has begun her guilt-tripping. Oh,such guilt I feel. She makes me want to bang my head on the walls until grey matter positively gushes from my ears. She almost makes me regret going. Almost.
I came back to school this week with no voice and it is still missing. Excuse me...have you seen my voice? It is about yea high and very very extremely LOUD. It carries. No? Well okay then.
I was so exhausted (not to mention dehydrated) from the trip that I missed 1st period two days in a row because my body refused to wake up before 8AM. I got to school on time today by some miracle. Yesterday I became very angry with the lack of assistance that teachers at my school are willing to give and talked to myself about it in a low growl as I made my way back to my desk. Today I got the privilege to see preserved human organs, bones, and severed heads. Two professors/researches from UAB (the college that I hope to attend) came by to educate us (the Honors Anatomy classes). It was great. They are totally weird....like me. I liked them pretty instantly. I have permission to come bug them at work! The actually gave me directions to locate their room within the building. They have my name and whatever information The Laughing Scientist gave them. O_O They also have "connections" and want to help me with a career once I get there (UAB). Amazing. The woman and I had a talk. I was curious as to how much she knew about the brain which proved to be quite a lot. I told her that I might have Asperger's Syndrome ( "Ahhh") and asked her whether she would be able to see that if she were to scan my brain. She said that that was a tough question. She went on to speak of how similar we were. Who knew that I was not the only human alive who routinely hides between the bookshelves in libraries to calm down. She also spends much time trying to sleep because her brain simply will not shut off. For some odd reason that made me feel better. She also told me that she does square roots in her head to calm herself down which is something that I do (along with prime numbers). During our conversation The Laughing Scientist told her (UAB lady) that I was "...extremely gifted but does not do her work. She is brilliant but never applies herself. And she can tell you how many dots are on your ceiling. No, really. Rather than answer essay questions on a test, she will tell you how many thousands of dots there are on your ceiling". Wow...compliments. I nearly cried. These things mean a lot when you feel stupid 99.9% of the time. I mean whoa...she called me brilliant.
I went to the dentist today and was stabbed in the mouth as per usual. I always get a talker. Someone who spends more time talking to her colleagues than watching where she is scraping. Needless to say, she sucked out a lot of blood. My teeth are "....perfect other than this edge to edge bite." which means that my teeth meet up evenly instead of the top coming over the bottom. I don't even have the typical slight under bite that is normally present. This is bad. When teeth meet edge to edge it cause severe progressive wear to the teeth. I have to get braces and before that I will have to have a palatal expander to push my top teeth forward. And after braces there is the retainer that I will never remember to use...
Umm....that is about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment