Friday, December 4, 2009

On why I hate school.

Today was not a good day. Today was a lock-yourself-in-the-bathroom-and-scream-until-you-pass-out kind of day. My classes were actually fine...which is odd for a B-Day. Things went well until about 2:30. The girl that I help was getting really touchy feely and was obsessing over another student. I couldn't get her to stop and I was getting kind of nervous. Every time I tried to get her to sit down she would kind of stiffen and I felt like she was going to hit me or something. Yeah...I am a coward. *shrugs* So at about 2:35 after, like, 20 minutes of her poking me I left and she was a bit upset. I later found out that she though that I was angry with her. Which I wasn't. I was just overwhelmed and, as I said, afraid that she would end up hitting me in the face or something.

So, I go back to the other class room and get sent on an errand. I come back and some lady is in there and the two teachers are talking. Meh. I move myself to the other side of the room and wait for her to leave. Then the special ed teacher sends me on another errand. I needed to get the building...principal (I guess) to sign something and then take it to one of the business tech teacher so that she could sign it. Simple enough, yes? No. I got myself class III'd and sentenced to alt school. For what? The use of an electronic device and defiance.




Time:14:45

I enter his office with my headphones on and hold out a pen and the paper.

Me: *attempts to look friendly* "Hey Mr. (his name here). I need you to sign by your name.

Him: *glances up from his work. squints* Take those off.

I take them off of my ears and let them fall to my neck.

Him: No. Put them away. You're not even supposed to have those. You could at least show me the courtesy of trying to hide them.

I fold them and start to put them into my pocket

Him: Actually, just give them to me. Your parent can pick them up tomorrow.

Me: What? Why? I'm putting them away.

Him: *hand extended* You are not supposed to have them on campus.

Me: Countless other students pass you every day either talking into their cell phones or listening to mp3 players after school and they are on campus. You never take their stuff.

Him: Well that's fine. After 2:55 they can do whatever they want because school is over.

Me: Oh, well I'm not in school right now.

Him: Oh, you don't go to this school?

Me: Yes, I do, but I get out a 11:15.

Him: School is still in session. Now give it here.
Me: No sir. And I am not in school.

Him: I am going to count to five, and if you don't give me the mp3 player I'm writing you up and you can go to alternative school.

At this point I am...shocked that he is, basically, treating me like a 3 year old lacking in basic reasoning abilities (count to five? COUNT TO FIVE?!), and actually considering not only writing me up, but also sending me to the school that is more or less reserved for students that beat the crap out of each other and find themselves escorted out of the building via police officer and handcuffs.

Me: You're writing me up? For what? I have done nothing wrong. I told you I get out at 11:15.

Him: Defiance.

Me: But you just told me that you would not take it from another student if it were 2:55. Technically my 2:55 occurs at 11:15! There is no defiance because there is no violation!!!

Him: You are being defiant right now and if you don't lower your voice I'll add to it. Are you going to hand it over? You have until 5.

I take a step back

Me: No sir. I have done nothing wrong.

Him: *quickly counts to five* OK, I'm writing you up. What's your name?

Me: Stephanie (Last Name Here)

Him: Stephanie what?

Me: (Last Name Here)

Him: How do you spell that?

Me: (letters)

Him: (letters) what?

Me: (letters) (last half of last name)

Him: Oh, (that).OK then.

I exit and promptly toss the pen across the hall while simultaneously crumpling up the form. The custodian calls after me "YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE AND PICK THAT UP GIRL!" while Mr. Semi Principal Man with a Superiority Complex tells her "Don't worry about it, she's going to alternative school.". "Shutthefuckupandleavemethehellalone!!!", I yell upon entering the classroom. (Which I know was wrong. I know.) I grab my stuff and walk past him on my way out. I bang the door into the brick wall for good measure, take a detour into another building because I feel like he's following me, spot an English teacher and, basically, spill my guts all over her. She attempted to distract me with chocolate, I declined.

Her: You should go apologize.

Me: Why? I did nothing wrong!

Her: You were probably yelling, like you are now. *tries the chocolate tactic again*

Me: No thank you! And I was NOT yelling until the very end and HE started it!!

Her: Well you still need to go apologize to him.

Me: But WHY?

Her: Calm down. Because sometimes you need to apologize even when you are not the one in the wrong. Now go.

So I go out side and spot the lady who's name makes me crave caffeine.

Me: What are you doing?

Coke Product: Standing here with the kids. Why?

Me: How long will you be here?

Random Teacher: 45 minutes.

Coke Product: Probably 20 maybe 25 minutes. What's wrong?

I give an abbreviated account

Me: Will you come with me to his office?

Her: Sure, but he's at the front of the school.

Me: Well will you come to the front of the school?

Her: Sure.

The teacher who sent me on the errand arrives.

Me: And now she'll hate me.

Coke Product: She won't hate you. Kids always think that their parents will hate them -

Me: Not my mom. She already hates me. (i point at the teacher) Her.

Very Interested: I (did not hear) paper and got it out of the trash but (something) and threw it back in. I don't hate you, I just thought that it might have been taken home. I don't hate you...OK?

Me: ok.

Very Interested: *attempts to administer a hug*

Me: DON'T

Very Interested: No, I'm gonna hug you.

Me: (is captured and therefor passively allows hug...meanwhile my skin crawls from the awkwardness)

So, the Coke Product and I end up walking to the front and she says that I should have come to one of them because, apparently, they are magic and can get things that are taken restored to their rightful owner once more and that she is sure that I am not REALLY being sent to alt school. And, you know, typical stuff. It'll be fine, etc. So we get there and he is surrounded by kids.

Me: Forget it. I'm not talking to him.

Coke Product: That's your choice...

Me: There are too many people.

Coke Product: So why don't you call him over here?

Me: My mom is here...

Coke Product: Go. It'll be fine.

I rush to the car and make sure that he doesn't see me. I silently tell my mother to drive faster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you obviously think you are a right little genius

S. said...

Not at all.