Monday, December 7, 2009

Happenings of Today and Why I Hate Mosquito

So, I did not get sent to alternative school. I have Very Interested to thank for that. I don't know exactly what she said...but wow. Anyway. I arrived at school and saw the VP type person, and immediately walked in the other direction. He followed me and told me to go wait by his office. So...I did. And I had a lovely little panic attack in the meantime. I think I may have stopped breathing a few times. Ah, high school. I am just racking up the memories. Anyway, I ran into one of the special ed rooms and freaked out the other teachers looking for Very Interested. She had yet to arrive, so I resigned myself to my fate and sat in front of his office and tried to keep my heart from stopping. Not really...it just felt that way.



By word of worried teachers, Very Interested found me in the middle of, like, a nuclear meltdown and basically told me to calm down and "breathe!", etc. And that she would take care of it. So, the VPTP came in and was about to swoop down and rain fury upon my head when Very Interested interjected and beckoned him to the class room where they spoke for about 15 minutes.



He comes back, tells me to "take a seat" in his office, and then takes last Friday's write-up and crumples it into a ball. He then trashes it and says "Ok, clean slate. We're going to pretend that this never happened." while he writes me a pass to class.



Ok...so....I went from in SERIOUS trouble with a class III offence along with defiance as well as on my way to alternative school to...clean slate in a matter of minutes? Very Interested is a magician...or a Jedi.





Now...on to the mosquito. It is the bane of my existence. I know that I say that about many things, but THIS "takes the cake". Mosquito is a ring tone that high school students use to get out of turning off the ringer on their phones. It emits a very high pitched frequency which I find very fucking difficult to tolerate. That being said, directly after the incident with the VPTP, I was still rather...jittery (yeah...let's go with that) and not really in the "grin and bear it" mood. We had a free day of sorts. People listened to mp3 players and phone ring tones. Singing and over all happiness ensued. Until someone got bored with their musical ring tones and decided to fuck around with The Mosquito.



I was reading, like immersed in the words, and suddenly EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Umm, I promptly freaked the hell out. I am not proud of the way that I reacted. I actually screamed...in class. I usually only scream outside when Huggy Feely attacks me so...err...that was pretty embarrassing. I started saying "turn it off...turn it OFF...TURN IT THE FUCK OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!" over and over. Thankfully the teacher either did not hear or chose to ignore me...

Anyway, once the yelling ensued, students looked on, puzzled at my reaction. Most of them could not hear anything. The ones that could here were still like "Umm...what the fuck is your problem?". Whoever had the tone stopped after I resorted to oh-so-intelligent-and-COLORFUL-language...for about a second. And then did it again...louder. Maybe they weren't certain that it was the sound of which I would loudly indicating my extreme dislike. In any case, I yelled again for silence and threatened to shove the phone into...places. Darkened orifices best left unexplored. Once again it was put to a stop and, before the culprit could change his/her mind, I begged the teacher to allow me to play in the halls for a bit.

Have you ever had a teacher look at you as if you are completely and utterly insane? I have. It happens a lot. And it is, more often than not, mosquito related.

Very Young: What?

Me: I really, REALLY need to just sit outside for a while.

Very Young: Umm...why? *wtf face*

Me: Because if I don't I may have to hit someone with a chair...

Very Young: Why...would you do that??

Me: Look...I have issues. Can I just go?

Very Young: Sure..........

Me: *hastily departs*

I later explained the situation...only to ensure her that I am not, in fact, a complete loon. I think I made it worse. She smiled and said teacher things but her tone positively screamed "I am talking to a nut case...".

I really hate these extreme reactions that I have to things. Sound being the main issue. It is frustrating when you literally cannot control yourself in the presence of certain sounds. And it is embarrassing. I put so much effort into looking somewhat normal and then everything is ruined in an instant. Or in this case about 27 seconds. Long enough to play a ring tone. It's ridiculous.

No comments: