I "help" in the special education class at my school. The teachers seem to think that I am "such a big help". I'm not doing anything. I just...talk. Basically. You know? There is a girl...Highly Optimistic, and I was specifically asked to pal around with her. So...that is what I do. I hang out with her, help her when she needs it, and...well...that is all. Nothing. I am kind of enjoying the class. Is that weird? Apparently my lack of pity for the students is unusual. Why? They are happy. Genuinely happy. Do you realize how RARE that is? How AMAZING? It's nice to be around people that are happy. OK...other people are happy. But they have all of this superficial BS following them like an ominous cloud. You know? I'm sick of that. Of the whole "OMG-my-mom-didn't-buy-me-the-new-car-that-I-wanted-she-is-such-a-fucking-bitch-Oh-Mah-Gawd!!!!" mentality. They make it sound like they are so freaking miserable. Maybe they are...I dunno. But I am skeptical. Then there are the people that are, more or less, like me. Not all "OMG, nyeeeeh!!!!!" but...very unhappy most of the time. Then there are them...the people in that class. They have moments in which they are unhappy just like everyone else. But those moments are few and far between. No one seems to be either catering to their own egos or...borderline suicidal. It is refreshing. I don't pity them. I envy them and their happiness. Only a fool would pity these people.
(warning, rant imminent)
For the most part they are very nice. He-Who-Kicks-Everyone can be a jerk...but can't we all? Do Not Touch is very cool...so long as you don't try to hug her every five seconds (and I can understand that...). The Playwright is INCREDIBLY intelligent as well as obsessive...I am still unable to comprehend the importance of the timer but w/e. The Movie Maniac has an amazing memory. He also watches a lot of cool shows which gives me a chance to quote quote quote without feeling weird. Not Looking is very interesting. He has only spoken with me once. By that I mean talked to me without repeating what I am saying. He likes Pokemon which instantly awards him 2billion coolness points. He pays more attention then the teachers give him credit for. What he needs to do it go with his OWN answers and stop cheating off of the people next to him because their answers are usually WRONG.
Highly Optimistic is a very kind friend and she tries very hard. I wish that everyone would just...treat her better. She appears to be the scapegoat of the class. Yes, she, like every other human being on this planet, screws up. Get over it. Stop treating her like she is less than a person. Stop acting like she is a burden. If you didn't want to help students that really need help then QUIT. Do NOT blow up and become angry with her (or ANYONE) and say things like "I really don't care what you do." just because she has trouble with certain concepts. EVERYONE has SOMETHING that just does not click easily with them. (I can't do math and I take everything literally) Either find a way to explain it that WORKS or clean out your fucking box in the office, get your shit together, and LEAVE. The guilt trips are really pissing me off. Leave her alone! Telling her shit like "Oh, it depends on whether you mind me. If you don't mind me I'll just have to go to another school" is fucking CRUEL and you know it. Take your God damned mind games elsewhere.
Teachers that abuse their power as adults and educators should be sacked. I'm sorry, but that is my opinion. Actually, I take that back. I am NOT sorry. Don't be a BITCH. I understand that explaining the same thing over and over becomes very VERY frustrating (I have four sisters for fuck's sake) but you are teaching SPECIAL EDUCATION for crying out loud! What were you expecting? You aren't teaching the gifted class which, just so you know, is full of social morons much like myself. You would STILL have things to explain again and again. Stop complaining and TEACH. Quit trampling over the feelings of another person just because you're in a bad mood. Have you noticed that the CLASS is picking up on your behaviors? Have you noticed that they ostracise her in much the same manner that you do? I speak not of a single person, but pretty much EVERY TEACHER THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED. Stop treating her like a PROBLEM.
(end rant)
I wanted Very Interested to read one of my posts to get her opinion. I feel crazy sometimes (constantly). She kept reading...which made me nervous. Very nervous. I am hoping that she did not notice the URL or anything. It made me feel...naked or something. Anyway...so. Request fulfilled?
1 comment:
I wouldnt be jealous of there happieness alone...but of what makes there happieness.....such as friends and being a better person ect... :(
Post a Comment